Privacy Policy
    Tech Tips
    Warranty Information

Payments

Payments

Go Back   RacingBrake Forums > Category > New Development

Old 02-20-2017, 10:09 AM   #1
huck31

Default 2 Piece Rotor for Ford F150 Raptor (G1 10-14; G2 2017+)

only aftermarket option is from BAER with 15" rotors. which require 20" wheels, which doesnt happen in the offroad community.

A lighter 2 piece rotor would be awesome.
huck31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:06 AM   #2
huck31

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingbrake View Post
Yes, they can be made available.

Can you be more specific 2WD or 4WD if any difference.
4wd specifically, 6 lug pattern, but i do not believe there is a different rotor from 2wd to 4wd.

same rotor across the platform. even raptor uses the same rotor.
of course front and rear are different
Old 02-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #3
huck31

Quote:
2009-2014 F150 & Raptor Performance Brake Rotors
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/200...ke-Rotors.html

Your truck's rotors are the heart of your 2009 to 2014 F150's braking system, and while you could use boring stock blank rotors the next time you need to swap out your hardware, a set of performance rotors are a much better option that will get your truck stopping quicker, safer, and quieter. All of our performance brake rotors are an improvement over the factory rotors' stopping ability and can help your heavy F150 stop better in a variety of applications both on and off the road. Most of rotors feature drilled and/or slotted designs that improve heat dissipation and bite, respectively, over the factory blank rotors to make a huge difference in how your truck's entire braking system performs. All of our rotors fit your F150's stock calipers and pads and are also compatible with a huge variety of aftermarket brake pads from most major brands. After you're through here, go take a look at our F150 brake kits, F150 brake pads, or our F150 wheels and tires.

the stoptech's arent two piece. they are virtually identical to factory other than being slotted / cross drilled.
a 2 piece would be very marketable.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:00 PM   #4
nkgneto

Told ya to ask and he'd get it done
nkgneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:48 AM   #5
racingbrake

Front two piece rotor design is up.

racingbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:51 AM   #6
racingbrake

Default Rear two piece rotor

Rear design is up.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:42 PM   #7
huck31

Quote:
Understand. We quoted from different sources just to learn and share with other members about what's available.

We also have a very competitively priced 4 piston heavy duty caliper that can be designed and added to the front stock two piece rotors as an "progressive" upgrade brake kit.

This would be the same caliper we used for VW R32 (MK5/MK6) with stock size 348mm rotors(~= Raptor) which Luis knows well.

Can you help to post this development to Ford 150 forums and share with us here.

Thanks for your inquiry and we hope to be able to serve F150 enthusiasts through your introduction and leads.

Posted to the ford raptor forum for visibility.
Just need to verify this works for gen 2. I do not believe anything changed for 2017 brake wise
Old 02-26-2017, 06:55 AM   #8
racingbrake

http://www.stage3motorsports.com//14...Brake-Kit.html

Q: What is different about the 12+ f150s that will keep these from working on my 2010? Do you guys carry a kit like this for 09-11 trucks?

A: The offset between the hub, rotor, and axle are different between the 2009-2011 F150s and the 2012-2017 F150s, which necessitates a redesign. Unfortunately, Wilwood does not currently have a rear kit for the 2009-2011 F150s.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:25 PM   #9
racingbrake

Brake Upgrades for the Ford Raptor
Okay, so I read this and a couple other big brake threads on this forum since I will be looking for a set in the next few months and here is what I've gone through/found out.

I called a few big brake vendors, including Hennessey, which sells a 15" 6-piston Brembo kit for the Raptor for $4750, and they also sell a 16" 6-piston Willwood kit for the F-150 4x4 for just over $3200. Now, what I wanted to figure out is why isn't the Willwood kit listed as an option for the Raptor, since it's obviously an F-150. So, I called up Hennessey, and the sales associate told me the reason the Willwood kit won't fit the Raptor is the hubs on the Raptor and F-150 with a 4x4 setup are different, but he couldn't tell me how or why they are different.

I was not sastisfied with this answer, so I called Ford Racing in hopes of getting ahold of the SVT guys to see if they could tell me the difference. Ford Racing has no idea whatsoever.

Next, I called a local Ford parts department back in the States and asked the nice Ford tech if the part numbers for the F-150 4x4 and Raptor hubs were different. According to the parts catalogue, they are different, but again, he couldn't tell me if this was because of a difference in vehicles or actual physical differences.

So, I went to my go-to-guys, Team JDM, and the nice young lady on the phone was able to get the answer for me in about 15 minutes from Team JDM's go-to-guy for parts (a local Ford dealer across the street, I believe). The final answer is yes, they are physically different. They have different knuckles and mountings or something like that. I'm not technically inclined, so it was more gibberish to me, but it was more specific than "yes, they are different, no, I don't know why," so, I was happy with that.
So, the conclusions for this whole exercise are:
a. the Willwood F-150 big brake kit will not fit the Raptor

b. there is an alternative to the Brembos from Baer Brakes who sell a 15" 6-piston front big brake kit that is Raptor specific for just under $3200. Bill at Baer brakes assured me they have installed a few kits on Raptors already.

c. Stoptech does not make a kit for the F-150 or the Raptor

d. the brakes from SDHQ (Super Duty HeadQuarter) are just upgraded 14" rotors (same size as the stock Raptor rotors but SDHQ's are slotted and/or drilled) and pads. SDHQ also seems to be the only vendor selling upgraded parts for the rear brakes (slotted/drilled/pads/etc.), as Brembo and Baer are only making front brake parts for the Raptor.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:20 PM   #10
racingbrake

We will offer two brake size upgrade packages:

#1 - Stock size (350/348mm) two piece rotors (front and rear) w/option to upgrade front OE caliper to RB 6 piston calipers.

Front OE size 350mm w/RB calipers:

#2 - 390/390mm BBK complete with RB 6/4 calipers.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:36 PM   #11
racingbrake

Wilwood TX6R 6-piston caliper:

Brake Pad (12.67in ^2):

Baer 6S 6-piston Monoblock caliper:

Brake Pad DR11 (150x51mm):

Old 03-18-2017, 11:51 PM   #12
racingbrake

We like to clarify that all disc surface finish for F150 will be made to curved surface slots (instead of open slots) as shown in below illustrations.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:15 PM   #13
racingbrake

Alcon OE size kit fits 17" wheels 6/4 pot calipers $6,999

Old 03-30-2017, 08:54 AM   #14
racingbrake

Popular trucks:

CHEVY COLORADO
CHEVY DURAMAX 2500/3500
CHEVY SILVERADO 1500

FORD F-150 2009-2014
FORD F-150 2015+
FORD F-250 / F-350
FORD RAPTOR 2010-2014
FORD RAPTOR 2017

RAM 1500
RAM 2500 / 3500

TOYOTA TUNDRA
Old 04-16-2017, 05:01 PM   #15
huck31

Quote:
We like to clarify that all disc surface finish for F150 will be made to curved surface slots (instead of open slots) as shown in below illustrations.

Thats disappointing.

Although its a decent price for replacement rotors with some weight savings.
Not having the RB vented system kinda kills it for me.

I'll re-evaluate an order if its possible to be vented as well.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:25 PM   #16
racingbrake

We are trying to keep the price low, also understand some members expressed concern of open slot rotors be used on off road which may catch mud/rocks.

Open slots finish may be made available but it will be an cost adder (about $45/ea) option.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:19 AM   #17
racingbrake

Rotors are ready for order and shipment.

http://www.racingbrake.com/ProductDe...oductCode=2570

Old 06-28-2017, 08:12 AM   #18
racingbrake

Default Ford F150 Front Rotor Weight

OE rotor weight

RB rotor weight

15.8 lbs weight savings per axle.

Link to the item:

http://www.racingbrake.com/ProductDe...oductCode=2570
Old 10-12-2017, 04:27 AM   #20
racingbrake

Add low cost RB4 (replacing 6 pot) calipers to front stock size kit.