The following is a message originally posted on 8/4/08 on SubaruForester.org
Many of you may be aware of or affected by a recent Group Buy
. We normally rely on our dealers to promote and service our products while keeping honest and open communication between us and end consumers. Unfortunately this was not the case and one affected customer was kind enough to bring the situation to our attention.
To summarize, we would like to state and clarify the following facts:
- The rotor for the kit was back ordered due to recent crazy raw material shortages and cost increases. However, as of June 25, 2008, we have rotors and other components (including pads, brake lines brake fluid etc.) in stock.
- The same leadtime (6 - 8 weeks) as published on the web was quoted to the dealer. We can’t have two ETAs for the same shipment.
- Any orders placed before 6/25/08 would have been shipped expedited (air shipment), while any orders placed after 6/25/08 would be shipped with ex-stock delivery.
- We have been using the same material specs (SAE G3500) for one-piece high performance rotors and the same for two-piece rotors with additional alloys
- Our foundry castings and machining are factory direct and have no contents from China
- The dealer sourced components (brake lines and pads) from suppliers other than RB. When he failed to receive them in time in mid July, he further confused customers by untruthfully saying he was still waiting for a response from RB. He did not tell customers that the products that he was waiting for were not from RB until 7/30/08.
We feel regretful for all of the confusion, misunderstanding, and agony caused by this group buy. We offer our apologies to any forum members that had to confront the situation and appreciate their patience. However, we would respectfully ask you to restore your confidence with us. We are an honest and responsible company and require our dealers to follow the same policy all the time, so if you have any concern or complaint just email us or give us a call
We hope that any customer who are still waiting for their kits or components can soon get settled with the dealer. Within a few days we will be setting up a group buy or special sales under our vendor forum and we would appeciate your comments or suggestions by PM or email.
We also have more exciting new brake products in the works which are yet to be released soon. Please watch our announcement in vendor forum for details.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding and we look forward to serving your brake needs.