This reply was posted to Corvette forum on 12-06-2006 under this thread:
Racing Brake's stock replacement two-piece rotors
RacingBrake would like to thank you for your interest in our two piece rotors. Since we are new to Corvette community nor we are a known ?brand? like others so we like to take this opportunity to present the following facts so you get a better idea how real and serious we are in the brake business comparing to those named brands.
- We tool up all our parts including the critical components ? Fasteners for our two piece rotors. (http://www.racingbrake.com/product_p/fk1-10.htm)
- Our rotors are identified (casted or engraved) with our P/N?s, Production date code, and Lot number. (http://www.racingbrake.com/images/identification_lg.jpg)
- Curved Vanes: The advantage of curved vanes is known to all of us; pumping more air and keep the disc cooler. Only a few stock rotors come with curved vanes including Z06, however GM uses the same casting for left & right, only drillings on ?outboard? braking surface is cosmetically directional. RacingBrake curved rotors are truly directional, meaning left and right are two different castings. Here is the complete list that we upgraded OE straight to curved vane on selective popular track cars which we deem needed. We devoted to performance industry and spent extra investment in tooling and inventory for improved brake performance: http://www.racingbrake.com/main/curvedvane.asp
Is there any other brake manufactuers who is willing to take this extra step and make the upgraded one-piece directional rotors as RacingBrake?
- We use our proprietary metallurgy (alloy) formula and heat treatment process in making our performance rotors.
- Our hats are made from forged aluminum alloy which although costs us more to make but they are better in strength and stiffness than those cutting from billet like others.
- We have received three patents in brake designs from US Patent Office. http://www.racingbrake.com/main/technology.asp
Our patented designs are easy to understand why our brakes perform better and last longer. We don?t publish uncertified data nor complicated or hard to understand theories.
- We even tailor built the sand core machine for the rotors with patented convergent vanes designs.
- Our sand molding machine (makes sand molds for rotor casting) is of horizontal type which produces a more uniform density and microstructure than of vertical type (Disamatic molding).
- We are consumer oriented - Our brake upgrades are designed and built from ground up and around OE setup. For example our OE caliper kits and two piece rotors are affordable and easy to install (bolt on), no expensive aluminum caliper kits, no wheel spacers or larger wheels to buy.
- We make more two piece stock replacement rotors than any competition, furthermore RB has been delivering two-piece rear rotors (retaining E-brake) for EVO, STi, 350Z/G35 for years including recent release for C6 (Z51 and Z06) while competitions still making promises to make them available.
- We make more OE caliper kits (hard core racing with one piece longer bracket) than any competitions.
RB may appear like other brake manufacturers or suppliers that make and sell brake parts, but the only difference is that we design and build what our customers are looking for instead of ?selling? from what?s available. You don?t know us because in the past we only make brakes for private labels such as Raybestos (Brake Parts Inc., McHenry IL.) and Autospecialty (Carson, CA) who was sold to TRW and subsequently formed Stoptech and Powerslot.
RacingBrake ?The performance brake division of TPM Products, Inc. was formed in 2002 and since then we have been developing upgraded brakes for those popular Japanese race cars with focus on Subaru (WRX/Sti/Legacy), EVO 8 350Z/G35, NSX and RX8 etc. We don't have big sales and marketing staff nor we offer much sponsorships like others so we can keep our cost down, but if you check around these forums you may find out that comparing RB to those named brands the only thing we are really low is the price.
Our sponsored EVO car (Driver: David Bongiovanni & Ralph Alexander) just ran 25 hours endurance race sanctioned by NASA this past weekend (12/02/06) in Thunderhill and finished 2nd place. The front is a stock (Brembo) caliper with RB two piece rotor, rear is RB?s 4 piston 13? BBK, Both front and rear two piece rotors last the entire 25 hours w/o replacement.
Thank you for your time.