Tech Tips
    Warranty Information

Payments

Payments

Go Back   RacingBrake Forums > Category > New Development

Old 09-28-2007, 12:06 PM   #41
jzee32tt

Warren

you guys have any update regarding this project.
jzee32tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:00 PM   #42
racingbrake

Barry helped us with fitment and we have the rear two-piece rotor tested and approved for production, however these two-piece rotors will be made available only upon pre-orders.

We are offering promotion discount for pre-orders that are received by October 31, 2007.
  • First 5 customers - 20% discount off sale price.
  • Any order received after first 5 customers - 10% discount off sale price
If you are intrested please order online through the following link. Once the order has been received we will revise it with the discounted price.

http://www.racingbrake.com/300ZX_s/2944.htm
racingbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:02 PM   #43
OptionZero

Might I suggest offering a groupbuy at Zilvia.net?

Not entirely sure how much interest there would be, but if you offer the same discount/price, there might be takers.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #44
Ajftl

Wondering if you guys can redrill a 5 lug rotor to 4, my point is to have both 4 and 5 lugs(same rotor) cause im upgrading to 5 lug soon but want to have your 2 piece rotor now.( i have the z32 setup but still using 4 lugs wheels), let me know if is possible and i will pre order the rotors. thanks
Ajftl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:45 AM   #45
racingbrake

Yes, we can make the two piece rotors to fit both 4 and 5 lugs just like what we make for 240SX.

http://www.racingbrake.com/240SX_4_5...5-111-1507.htm

Thank you for your interest and request.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:09 PM   #46
Eplejus

Any update/info on this?

I am very interessed in these brakes discs for my 240SX with 300ZX rear conversion.
Eplejus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:48 AM   #47
racingbrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajftl View Post
Wondering if you guys can redrill a 5 lug rotor to 4, my point is to have both 4 and 5 lugs(same rotor)
Yes, the rotors will have both 4 and 5 lug holes, a total of 8 holes on 114.3 PCD
http://www.racingbrake.com/300ZX_REA...p/2116-311.htm

Please order on line. Thanks
Old 01-26-2008, 02:13 AM   #48
s13ontap

hey, im new to the forum, i came across this thread while searching for a matching brake kit to compliment the brembo 4 piston calipers i have on the front of my 91 240sx (S13) i want to do the Subaru WRX STi brembo rear 2 piston upgrade, could someone tell me everythign i need to make it work (the 20mm - 18mm pad diferance confuses me, do i need to find different pads, or different rotors? i need to re-drill the rotors, regardless, to 4 bolt, but i want to use the 300zx rotors, re-drilled, and the brembo 2 pot in the back, from what i read, it bolts right up, but i get lost on how to make it work with that 2mm diferance.... could someone clarify? or maybe a parts list?
s13ontap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:21 AM   #49
s13ontap

also, as i am new to the forum, so i am not fully sure of what your racing brake company does, but from what i gather on this thread, it would seem like you could source and supply me with all the parts necissary to complete this brake swap on my car, am i correct in this assumption? if so i would be interested in doing that, with 2 piece rotors, also replacing the front rotors for my 4 pots with 2 piece rotors... any help would be appreciated, also do you ship to canada? if not, could arrangements be made?

Last edited by s13ontap : 01-26-2008 at 02:25 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #50
s13ontap

BUMP

anyone?
Old 01-30-2008, 12:50 PM   #51
s13ontap

Default Please Help! Need custom rear rotors for 240sx BigBrake Upgrade

i am currently searching for a gold brembo caliper for the rear of my 240sx, to compliment the 350z front brembos i have. in searching for this i came across a thread in your forums in the new development section, titled -300ZX / 240SX brake upgrades it seems i can use the STi rear brembo calipers as a direct bolt on to my rear hubs... i have confirmed this with a thread i found on 240sx forums, http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/sh...ight=big+brake

so it seems with the STi rear calipers and the evo rotors, all i need is a spacer behind the caliper to make it all line up properly.
my problem lies in the e-brake drum setup.
the most suitable result i can find is the 300zx e-brake setup,
http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap-ebrake.htm

however, in order to use this e brake setup, it seems i need an inner drum diameter than the evo rotors allow, from what i gather it needs to be 4mm larger, to match the inner diameter of the 300zx rotor.

also , i need it in a 4x114 bolt pattern, standard on the s13 240sx

my question for you guys, is to confirm this information for me, if it is true, could you make me two 2-piece rear EVO rotors, with a 300zx e-brake inner diameter, (if you can make these in 4 bolt, it would be prefered, but if they must be re-drilled, that is acceptable)

also, if you could source the 2 STi calipers, and supply me with 2-piece 350z rotors to match the 2 -piece evo/300zx rotors, i would buy them through you as well. also, the 300zx e-brake assembly. (if this is not possible, i would buy the rotors from you and source the parts from Subaru/Mitsubishi/Nissan myself)

i also have a few friends that own 240's, as well as a friend that works at the local tuner shop, and provided i succeed in this venture, they will also be interested in buying the same setup, so i might be able to market this in my area, if i can get it to work, with your help.

i would like to proceed with this as soon as i can get my findings confirmed, if you could please contact me by e-mail at east3roofing@hotmail.com, as soon as possible, that would be much appreciated. i look forward to doing business with you
Old 01-31-2008, 01:58 PM   #52
racingbrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13ontap View Post
however, in order to use this e brake setup, it seems i need an inner drum diameter than the evo rotors allow, from what i gather it needs to be 4mm larger, to match the inner diameter of the 300zx rotor.

also , i need it in a 4x114 bolt pattern, standard on the s13 240sx

my question for you guys, is to confirm this information for me, if it is true, could you make me two 2-piece rear EVO rotors, with a 300zx e-brake inner diameter, (if you can make these in 4 bolt, it would be prefered, but if they must be re-drilled, that is acceptable)
Your are correct. The 300ZX rear drum brake has an ID of172mm while the EVO rear is 168mm. Yes we can enlarge EVO rear drum ID to 172mm 300ZX e-brake and drill the hat to 4 and 5 lugs bolt holes pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13ontap View Post
also, if you could source the 2 STi calipers, and supply me with 2-piece 350z rotors to match the 2 -piece evo/300zx rotors, i would buy them through you as well. also, the 300zx e-brake assembly. (if this is not possible, i would buy the rotors from you and source the parts from Subaru/Mitsubishi/Nissan myself)
At this time we prefer to make and supply only the two piece rotors and I am sure you can source the required calipers and e-brakes yourself.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2008, 03:14 PM   #53
racingbrake

As far as we know, both EVO and STi use the same Brembo calipers and brake pad:
http://www.racingbrake.com/SearchRes...nsive_Search=Y
You may want to verify this if it's true then your caliper sourcing will be more available.

We can also modify the 300ZX rear two-piece rotors to EVO offset so that you don't have to correct the offset in the field installation.

As you know all these developments require time to engineer, if this is something you like us to proceed please post your positive interest here so we can set up for you guys to pre-order (with discount) in order for us to proceed.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #54
s13ontap

my information seems to indicate the EVO calipers DO NOT bolt up to the s13/s14 hubs like the STi ones do, you need to fabricate a bracket to mount it, as the bolt holes do not line up perfectly. can you confirm this? cause subaru wants 1250.00 a piece for the caliper
Old 02-01-2008, 08:52 PM   #55
s13ontap

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingbrake View Post
We can also modify the 300ZX rear two-piece rotors to EVO offset so that you don't have to correct the offset in the field installation.
does this mean i dont need a spacer behind the caliper?
please clarify

....thanks in advance
Old 02-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #56
racingbrake

We are not sure about the interchangeability of rear Brembo caliper between EVO and STi although we are certain both calipers use the same brake pads, so it could well be the legs (mounted to spindle) are different.

We offer a variety of brake upgrade for EVO and know that very few EVO owners are replacing their rear calipers, so sourcing EVO caliper can be a problem. If that is the case we can develop a complete rear big brake kit with our 4 piston calipers to match 4 or 6 piston front BBK this will ensure a better balanced brake system.

As a matter of fact we are building a 6-piston caliper BBK that will fit under 17? wheel for EVO and this car will race at World Challenge Cup (Mitsubishi sponsored car) this coming March. http://www.world-challenge.com/news/story.php?ID=807

To answer your question on adding spacer to correct the offset of EVO caliper - Yes we can make the two piece rotors with EVO rotor offset if necessary at 300ZX rotor OD (296mm) and drum ID (172mm) so the rotor will simply be a bolt on item and need no spacer. However you have to check the availability of EVO rear calipers, if not so easy to get we can offer two options for 300ZX/240SX rear brake upgrade:

1. OE size two piece rotors using stock caliper.
2. Oversize two piece rotor with our 4 piston caliper BBK (310-332x24)
Old 04-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #57
Hrethric

I was wondering if this is still available. I'm going to be using STi calipers and am definitely interested in the 2 piece rotors for an S14 240sx. I'm about to buy fronts, but rears will follow shortly after that and I will need rotors that works with the 300zx e-brake.
Hrethric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #58
racingbrake

We just recd a request from Josh asking if we can produce a two piece rotor for 300ZX rear.

The answer is yes, we have made them available after all these extensive discussions, however we only received some orders from Japan, but nothing from US? so what's the problem with you guys after all these questions/answers and suggestions?.

RacingBrake has moved to southern California (Fullerton) from New Jersey since this summer.

We like to organize a GP if you guys are still interested.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:15 AM   #59
forcefedtt

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingbrake View Post
We just recd a request from Josh asking if we can produce a two piece rotor for 300ZX rear.

The answer is yes, we have made them available after all these extensive discussions, however we only received some orders from Japan, but nothing from US? so what's the problem with you guys after all these questions/answers and suggestions?.

RacingBrake has moved to southern California (Fullerton) from New Jersey since this summer.

We like to organize a GP if you guys are still interested.
How much would the 2 piece rotor weigh? Would the hat be composed of aluminum? I ask because the rotor you currently offer on your website (here: http://www.racingbrake.com/300ZX_REA...p/2116-311.htm) says it has a cast iron hat and only provides a weight savings of half a pound. Thus, besides its curved vanes, i dont see how this rotor is much more of an improvement over the stock rotor.
forcefedtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #60
racingbrake

There is a drum brake in the rear so they must be made with iron hat in order to retain the emergency brake as opposed to aluminum hat which will not resist to the heat when an E-brake is applied.

All our two piece rear rotors are made correctly with iron hats for safety concern, the benefit of two piece rotors go beyond just the weight saving, while we think 14 lbs is not over weighted at all. In fact aluminum hats are much easier and cost less to produce than iron hats.