Tech Tips
    Warranty Information

Payments

Payments

Go Back   RacingBrake Forums > Category > New Development

Old 01-04-2007, 06:09 PM   #1
g35sedan

Default G35 Rear oem bbk caliper upgrade

Is there any way you can make a caliper upgrade to the rear oem BBK?

I know you have a 2 and 4-pot kit but these were not around when I got mine and would like to just upgrade to larger calipers to better match the front. Would it be that hard to make the 2-pot calipers work with them?

Thank you.
g35sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
racingbrake

The rear two piston BBK has been ready for order and shipment:

http://www.racingbrake.com/G35_REAR_...311-211-01.htm

Thanks
racingbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:56 AM   #3
g35sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingbrake
The rear two piston BBK has been ready for order and shipment:

http://www.racingbrake.com/G35_REAR_...311-211-01.htm

Thanks

Thanks but what I was asking for was a caliper upgrade for the oem rear kit I got from you a little over a year ago. From what I have been told you have an upgrade for the front kit to go up to 4-pot calipers but you have to buy a whole new kit for the rear.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
g35sedan

Any response?
Old 01-13-2007, 07:47 AM   #5
racingbrake

We looked into 2 pot aluminum caliper upgrade for rear brake again and still think it’s not a worthwhile set up for the following reasons:

1. The OE caliper kit by itself is a well designed and high performance kit to match up any from BBK caliper kits and in fact it’s a track worthy set up.
http://forums.racingbrake.com/viewto...94c88a5cd4bfcc

2. The aluminum caliper is a costly item to make, so if we would build a brake kit with aluminum caliper we expect to bring the performance to a higher level with full track duty rotor i.e. two piece rotors with a minimum of 20mm thickness in order to better justify the cost of the kit.

Thank you.

3. Since the rear OE caliper kit is limited to the use of stock rotor thickness (16mm), and it’s not a two-piece rotor so we don’t think the investment on aluminum caliper can justify the performance gain (other than the look).

If you are still interested in upgrading to our 2 pot two piece rotor caliper kit we can credit you $100 toward your new purchase.

Please understand that it's not we couldn't provide this upgrade rather it's because we are a responsible brake company and we want to make sure every purchase our customers made to us is a good and sound investment.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:42 PM   #6
g35sedan

I understand more now. Thank you for taking the time to post all this info.

Given that the rear 4-pot kit is only $150 more and a thicker rotor, is there any reason not to use the 4-pot rear kit with the 4-pot front kit? I would upgrade to the 6-pot front kit but the spokes on my rims will not clear the calipers.

Is there any chance you are going to make a 1-pc rear rotor, 4-pot or 2-pot kit? I am happy with my brake performance, just looking for better looks in the rear without going into to much debt.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #7
racingbrake

We are building a 6 pot caliper that will clear 17" wheel for 350Z/G35, when you can upgrade front to 6 pot and use the existing 4 pot caliper for the rear.

This set up shall become available in 3-4 months from now.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:49 PM   #8
g35sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingbrake
We are building a 6 pot caliper that will clear 17" wheel for 350Z/G35, when you can upgrade front to 6 pot and use the existing 4 pot caliper for the rear.

That's awesome!

I'll wait and see how that comes out.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #9
g35sedan

I know the time is not up yet but do you have a status on the 6-pot upgrade?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:49 PM   #10
g35sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingbrake View Post

Do you by chance have the caliper spacing info for this kit yet? My 4-pot are very close to my current wheels and I can't use a spacer. I'm afraid that I'm waiting for a part that won't fit anyway and I should just go with the 4-pot rear kit to match my front kit and maybe run a + pad on the front to help with the bias.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #11
ggr

Will the new 6 piston setup work, wioth existing 1 pc rotors from the OE BBK, as they currently will with the 4 piston upgraade?
ggr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:51 PM   #12
ggr

Will these new 6 piston calipers work with the 1 piece OE BBK rotors, as the 4 pot currently do?
ggr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:31 PM   #13
g35sedan

Default Update?

Do you have any update on the status of the 6-pot front kit? I know it was 3-4 months from Jan but do you have a better ideay yet?

My rear pads are about gone and will try and hold out for this upgrade if it will be in the semi-near future.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #14
racingbrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggr View Post
Will these new 6 piston calipers work with the 1 piece OE BBK rotors, as the 4 pot currently do?
No, the 6 piston caliper is for 14" rotors and 4 piston is for 13" rotors.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #15
racingbrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35sedan View Post
Do you have any update on the status of the 6-pot front kit? I know it was 3-4 months from Jan but do you have a better ideay yet?
They shall become available in about end of April or early May 2007.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:16 PM   #16
g35sedan

He is talking about these ones:

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingbrake View Post

Old 03-20-2007, 09:38 AM   #17
g35sedan

So are you or are you not making a 6-pot caliper to clear the oem 17" wheels like was said above. I was waiting to see how they came out to order my rear kit.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #18
racingbrake

Yes we will have a 6-piston caliper front kit clear a 17" wheel available for the 350Z/G35.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #19
g35sedan

I have a few questions on this kit if you don't mind:

#1) Will it use the same rotors as the current 4-pot 13" front kit?

#2) If so do you have preliminary on pricing for an upgrade package to do the following:
- Supply new 6-pot calipers for the front while keeping my existing rotor
- A new rear rotor and backet to move my existing 4-pot front calipers to the rear

I just need to find out so I can either order this upgrade or get a different rear kit and keep my existing front kit.

Thank you very much for your time.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:11 PM   #20
racingbrake

1. We plan to use 340 (13.5?) x32mm rotor for our new compact 6 pot caliper that will fit under 17? wheel. Note this will be a true racing package in the right rotor size (between 13 and 14?) but with larger pads and heavier disc yet still fit under 17? wheel which is what most racers prefer.
2. The matching rear brake set up will be 4 pot 13? rotor which is the same as our current 6/4 pot 14?/13? set up and has been available, so you should be able to use your RB 4 pot caliper by purchasing the rear kit less the caliper from our upgrade center later.
http://www.racingbrake.com/G35_REAR_...311-411-01.htm

You have to figure out what you really need for your brake upgrade and we believe RB has different options to fit your need. (similar to EVO 8 which we have just posted on EvolutionM).
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showpos...8&postcount=57

We hope above has answered to your query. However do feel free to address your concern. We understand you want to be sure you would make a right decision towards your investment and you have asked intelligent questions in planning your brake upgrades.