Privacy Policy
    Tech Tips
    Warranty Information

Payments

Payments

Go Back   RacingBrake Forums > Category > Group Buy > Infiniti

Old 10-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #21
Bandit

Thanks that might work. But I meant to say that not quite as overly grippy upon initial application of the pedal from the HP+ pads. If the XT 910's are still a good match let me know when they are in and their pricing please. Thanks,

Al

P.S. I still can't edit my post once I submit them because of a so-called "1 minute timeout". It doesn't even wait for the 1 minute. I just can't edit my post at all in any fashion. Would be nice if possible.
Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #22
Bandit

Default Rear Rotor thickness

I also noticed that the new two-piece rotors are roughly 2mm thicker than the stock rear rotors. Is this correct or did I just measure wrong? Also if your rotors are slightly thicker, does that mean I have to use your pads only, or just not use the factory shims with any pads? I did notice that the ET500 rear pads were not as thick as the stock OEM pads which I'm thinking is to make up for the thicker rotor. Seeking info. Thanks again.

Al
Old 10-27-2012, 05:46 AM   #23
racingbrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I also noticed that the new two-piece rotors are roughly 2mm thicker than the stock rear rotors. Is this correct or did I just measure wrong?
That's correct our rear rotors are made 2mm thicker than OE for more thermal capacity.

Quote:
Also if your rotors are slightly thicker, does that mean I have to use your pads only, or just not use the factory shims with any pads?
No you can use factory shims and OE or other aftermarket pads w/o problem.

Quote:
I did notice that the ET500 rear pads were not as thick as the stock OEM pads which I'm thinking is to make up for the thicker rotor. Seeking info. Thanks again.

Al
Our ET pads are made exactly as OE thickness, no need for us to modify the pad thickness.
racingbrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #24
Bandit

Good info. to know. When I changed over from the stock setup I also had 3 track events on the OEM pad sets. I noticed I had about 1/2 the OEM front pad left as compared to your new ET500 and that the rear OEM pads had very little wear by comparison to the fronts from these events. It definitely looks like this car is very front biased on it's brakes probably to keep the car safer for most drivers on the streets. Do you know if anyone has tried to balance this out using different pad materials for the front and the rears? Seems we could go a little more aggressive on the rear pads to get more balanced braking from all fours. However since this car is front heavy you would have to be careful with not causing the rears to lock up too early and then causing a spin. Food for thought. Thanks again for your update information.

Al
Old 10-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #25
xdvgx

I am pretty dissapointed to see it is a smaller discount than the last group buy, but I am in if we can reach the threshold. I am coming from a G35 sedan.

Right now all I have is calipers & adapters (& shims, etc)

Does this package have the rest of what I need? Except for brake fluid..
xdvgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #26
racingbrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdvgx View Post
I am pretty dissapointed to see it is a smaller discount than the last group buy, but I am in if we can reach the threshold. I am coming from a G35 sedan.

Right now all I have is calipers & adapters (& shims, etc)

Does this package have the rest of what I need? Except for brake fluid..
The last group buy did not include free shipping which is worth about 10% still making this a great offer.

This package will include open slot two-piece rotors, brake pads, and stainless steel brake lines for all four corners. Everything you need, except brake fluid. We will add you to the list. Feel free to contact us with any questions.

Now help spread the word to fellow G35 owners and take full advantage of this deal.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:01 AM   #27
Bandit

A question on using your pads. Do you recommend using the OEM pads shims with your pads? From what I've read from some other posts, it seems you feel without the shims it gives you a firmer pedal. Please clarify if you would and isn't the shims main purpose to reduce pad squeal or noise from dust? Thanks,

Al
Old 10-31-2012, 05:42 PM   #28
racingbrake

Some OE pads come with shims intending to reduce the noise/squeaking but at the trade of of losing pedal firmness and braking efficiency; as when the piston strikes the pad the shim tends to shift (for clip on type shims) where the slippage will cost you braking efficiency.

That's why we do not recommend using the brake shims unless your pads give you some squeaking issues.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #29
Bandit

Makes sense. I've never seen any form of brake shims on any race car I've ever worked on. Having an efficient brake and a pedal which has a real hard feel when used is something most drivers are always looking for while racing. Next set of pads I'll remove the shims. And by the way are the XT series of pads available yet for the G37's? Thanks,

Al
Old 11-02-2012, 11:47 PM   #30
Bandit

Also is it recommended or would it even cause any problems if I removed the splash guards from around these rotors? I honestly can see no useful need for them now that we have the open slot on these rotors.

Al
Old 11-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #31
racingbrake

You are exactly right. Removing the dust shield (splash guard) is one of the most effective and economical way to improve the air circulation (cooling) without costing anything.

The open slots sure would help to drain any water entry between rotor surface and brake pads which can affect the braking efficiency.