Supra TT Brake Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supra TT Brake Upgrades

In the past we received some inquiries from Supra enthusiasts expressing interests in having racing quality two piece replacement rotors made.

This request was brought to our attention again during recent PRI show by our dealer SpeedForSale who is highly specialized in Supra.

In response we have decided to make two piece rotors available and they will be tested by SFS crews, Jared & Chinchi to testify how this set up performed against those 4-pot or 6-pots BBK supplied by others such as AP, Brembo, Stoptech etc.

We will notify those people who inquired us before so they are aware of this new development. Anyone interested in this upgrade and think they outbrake and don't want to spend thousands of $$$ this would be an opportunity you don't want to miss.

Join us and tell what you need to shave your lap time.

Thanks

Warren

Here is the two piece rotor:
    Estimated weight: 15.5 lbs

Comment

Subscribed. Why such a small diameter though? But you guys are the experts so I'm sure you know what you're doing

Comment

This would be the same stock size as for EVO 8/9 where RB is best known for its durability and consistent performance. I believe with proper matching racing compound brake pad it should adequately handle the heat w/o any issue meantime you still can run them under 17" wheels.

As I said in first posting, if you think you need more braking power than this OE caliper set up, we can offer our 4 piston heavy duty caliper and adapter so you can instantly convert this OE set up to a full high power braking system.

Comment

TT Calipers, though they perform well, are known to be bricks so the lighter 4pot should be a no brainer for those like myself with the NA setup.

Comment

message from David Z

Thanks for the update on the Supra TT rotors.

There is a small minority that uses a smaller than TT rotor based off of the Lexus LS400 and LS400 aluminum 4 pot calipers. When compared to the TT much heavier steel calipers this saves quite a bit of weight. The Supra has a 320MM rotor, while the LS400 rotor is 315MM and is 32MM thick. Would you offer the alternate rotor as well? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fyalinks View Post
              TT Calipers, though they perform well, are known to be bricks so the lighter 4pot should be a no brainer for those like myself with the NA setup.
              Understand. We originally proposed a 4-pot BBK (355x32) to our dealer SFS but they think 6-pot is the way to go, so this plan was cancelled.

A good compromise option would be:

1. Two piece rotors stock size upgrade.
              2. Two piece rotors + RB 4-piston calipers (Progressive Upgrade Kit -PUK)

Advantage of running this kit is you can run 17" wheels, cheaper wheel/tire and more responsive to turning and braking.

We will evaluate this set up and post it up with fitment dimensions.

Comment

Originally posted by racingbrake View Post

There is a small minority that uses a smaller than TT rotor based off of the Lexus LS400 and LS400 aluminum 4 pot calipers. When compared to the TT much heavier steel calipers this saves quite a bit of weight. The Supra has a 320MM rotor, while the LS400 rotor is 315MM and is 32MM thick. Would you offer the alternate rotor as well? Thanks
                I just checked the pad used for this caliper is also 60mm (same as TT iron calipers). But the rotor size listed for 95-97 is 315x28mm (instead of 32mm?)

We have a ring 318x28mm made for Porsche Boxster that can be made to fit this set up but need to design a new hat.

Please convey this to your community and have them express interest here so we can make them available.

p.s. We are also the first and only brake company makes light weight stock replacement rotors for IS-F.

Comment

Sounds good, I was going to say "how about that 355mm, 6 piston upgrade like you did for the 350 guys" because a lot of people have upgraded to 18 inch wheels. But I guess you guys will do the same as you did with the VW community, which is to make kits based on feedback.

Comment

Are you talking about the 355x32 6-pot kit for Nissan 350Z?

Comment

Are you talking about the 355x32 6-pot kit for Nissan 350Z?
                      Yes, that's correct.

Comment

I've posted threads on http://www.mkivsupra.net and http://www.supraforums.com. Hopefully there is some good feedback.

Comment

Thanks for your help in this regard. As to various possible set up it all boils down to the cost.

General estimated cost:

Stock two piece: $700-$800
                          4-pot 13" brake kit: $1800-2100
                          6-pot 14" brake kit: $2200-2500

We are capable of developing any of these kits, so it's matter of which is most demanded by customers.

Comment

Hi came over from mkivsupra.net and just wanted to correct this. Stock Supra MKIV front brake discs are 323mm in diameter rears are 324mm

Cheers

Comment

Good news. The front two piece rotors are now in stock for immediate shipment.

http://www.racingbrake.com/Two-piece...-98-p/2251.htm

Big weight saving (5 lbs or 25%), plus free shipping for the first 3 orders, if you are interested please sign up here, first come first serve.

Comment

Working...
                              X