Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boot and seals kit - front Subaru WRX (gen 3) 2-piston floating caliper (2008-2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot and seals kit - front Subaru WRX (gen 3) 2-piston floating caliper (2008-2014)

[thread title is hypothetical product to be considered]

I was curious if such a product would be even considered. I am interested in a heavy-duty boot and seals kit for my 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek, which has the same front brakes as a 2008-2014 Subaru WRX (not WRX STI) [3rd generation], applicable to chassis codes GE, GH, GR, GV.

No, this is not a joke or troll thread, I am seriously very interested in a boot and seals kit for my Subaru XV Crosstrek. The OEM boot and seals kit will (and have) not bode well with the conditions I have put through my XV Crosstrek.

The vehicle does get exposed to conditions that warrant the use of high performance brake pads. However, due to the very slow acceleration and lacking straight-line performance, I still cannot justify upgrading to high performance fixed calipers, and I would like to be able to fit 16" and 17" stock Subaru wheels.

From what I could tell from browsing the site, it seems that products pertaining to floating calipers and sliding calipers are nowhere to be found.

So while I would not be surprised (but still would be very disappointed) if this kind of product will not be considered, at least I would like the high performance brake market to know there is demand for such a product.

All caliper rebuild components offered are for fixed pistons only, no floating piston calipers.

Comment

Working...
    X