Honda Si Brake Upgrade with TL Brembo calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Si Brake Upgrade with TL Brembo calipers

Received inquiry from Matt W. indicating it's becoming more and more common seeking for an Si to upgrade to an Acura TL-S Brembo caliper.

It bolts on for the most part, however using S2000 rotors are 10mm to small in the diameter but bolt on and line up, using the TL-S rotors solves the diameter issue but it needs 6mm of spacers between the hub and brake rotor to space the rotor properly (which then requires new wheel studs). i notice you have 2 piece rotors for both. how difficult would it be to bolt s2000 hats onto TL-S rotors? and would this even solve the issue? would an easier solution be to simply make a spacer to space the caliper back 6mm from the knuckle and run the TL-S rotor as is?

Yes, it can be done and we have both of them (S2000 hat & TL-S disc) in stock.

Just let us know how many people would be interested, so we may organize a group buy here. We also have excellent street performance pads (ET series) which is the most popular compound in Acura community.

Comment

interest

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/suspe...l-s-rotor.html

i have had solid interest on 8thcivic they are wondering on a price.

Matt

Comment

The price will be same as Acura TL (w/Brembo Caliper) at $762/pair w/o pad.

We can offer a package deal with ET300 or ET500 brake pads which are most favorable performance street pad in Acura community:

For 5+ orders (15% discount)
        $737.64 (one set of two piece rotor & ET300 pads)

For 10+ orders (20% discount)
        $694.25 (One set of two piece rotor & ET300 pads)

We can also offer complete RB aluminum caliper kits with the same discount for Honda owners, so you will have a complete brand new caliper kit w/o the hassle of sourcing the used calipers with uncertainty of the conditions:

http://www.racingbrake.com/ACURA-s/501.htm

From these offers you can choose to have 300, 310 or 324mm rotor set up. Both 300 and 324mm we have very affordable one piece rotor kits, and example our 300mm rotor kits can run under 16" wheel while 310mm rotors will need 17" wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by racingbrake View Post
          The price will be same as Acura TL (w/Brembo Caliper) at $762/pair w/o pad.

Both 300 and 324mm we have very affordable one piece rotor kits, and example our 300mm rotor kits can run under 16" wheel while 310mm rotors will need 17" wheels.
          so let me see if i get this correctly-

the 2 piece set up is $762 does this include shipping?

the second paragraph says you have 1 piece kits that are 300mm and 324mm, am i to infer that these two rotors are the correct offset?

Matt

Comment

Price does not include shipping and require 5 people to order.
            The one piece rotor kit is only available with RB caliper kits, not Brembo caliper conversion.

Comment

So if I couldn't get enough for a group buy, I couldn't just get a one off set?

Matt

Comment

Any response to the one off? I'm wanting these and will have the money ready Friday for them.

Matt

Comment

id be ready to order a 2 piece rotor set. let me know.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mdwalsh View Post
                    id be ready to order a 2 piece rotor set. let me know.

Matt
                    OK here are some pictures for the two piece rotor:

Comment

Working...
                    X