BMW E9x M3 Brake Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW E9x M3 Brake Upgrade

This thread is for the M3 (E9X) brake upgrade Group Buy. The GB will offer three options:
    1. Two piece rotors (360x30) upgrade
      Front two piece: http://www.racingbrake.com/Two-piece...-M3-p/2161.htm
      Rear two piece: http://www.racingbrake.com/Two-piece...-M3-p/2162.htm
    2. Complete OE size two piece rotor kit, or for previous RB two piece owners to purchase PU (Progressive Upgrade) kit; RB big 4 piston calipers and adapter for an affordable brake kit (retain the same two piece rotors)
    3. Purchase the BBK (380x32)

This GB discount will be:

15% for 5+ orders
    20% for 10+ orders

Front two piece rotor set: Regular cost: $1,058.66 GB cost $846.93 (-20%) or $899.86 (-15%)

Rear two piece rotor set: Regular cost: $1,035.52 GB cost $828.42 (-20%) or $880.19 (-15%)

Complete OE kit: Regular cost: $2,608.50 GB cost $2,086.80 (-20%) or $2,217.23 (-15%)

Progressive upgrade kit: Regular cost: $1,549.99 GB cost $1,239.99 (-20%) or $1,317.49 (-15%)

Big brake kit: Regular cost: $3,149.00 GB cost $2,519.20 (-20%) or $2,676.65 (-15%)

Kits (Stock or BBK) discounts will include package discounts, plus we will offer "wheel stud conversion kits" for free so your overall saving can be around 25-30%.

Any idea on discount terms/volumes required? I'm on the fence here..

Comment

I couldn't locate the front rotors directly via the site, but I remember posting on the E90post forums about these rotors and thought I might provide a link here.

Comment

Originally posted by p0lar View Post
        I couldn't locate the front rotors directly via the site, but I remember posting on the E90post forums about these rotors and thought I might provide a link here.
        Those links are correct and thanks for pointing out - They will get fixed along with the Progressive Upgrade Kit and BBK offers.

Comment

Originally posted by p0lar View Post
          Any idea on discount terms/volumes required? I'm on the fence here..
          Polar...I know you're playing with your e9x rotors! These are calling for you You might want to copy/paste my GB threads and edit a bit, put it up on Mpost forums or something. Generate more interest if you're thinking about these rotors.

Comment

Any news on the rear caliper set

Comment

Rear OE Size Rotor Kit

Our caliper use a common rear pad size (Same as for EVO 10 rear D1368) with ~47mm height (vs. OE's 60mm), so there will be approx 12mm (1/2") width uncovered which will rust if leaves unpainted. This will related only for those pre-own RB two piece rotors. For the complete kit the anti-rust ring will be added.

RB rear kit is custom built to maintain stock brake balance, lighter weight and more compact than most of the standard 14" BBK with 355x32 rotors that others' offer. Also note RB rear brake kit retain the use of emergency brakes while the competitions' BBK kits may have to delete the e-brake which you should inquire with them and compare the feature and function in addition to price.

Comment

Originally posted by racingbrake View Post
                Rear OE Size Rotor Kit

Our caliper use a common rear pad size (Same as for EVO 10 rear D1368) with ~47mm height (vs. OE's 60mm), so there will be approx 12mm (1/2") width uncovered which will rust if leaves unpainted. This will related only for those pre-own RB two piece rotors. For the complete kit the anti-rust ring will be added.

RB rear kit is custom built to maintain stock brake balance, lighter weight and more compact than most of the standard 14" BBK with 355x32 rotors that others' offer. Also note RB rear brake kit retain the use of emergency brakes while the competitions' BBK kits may have to delete the e-brake which you should inquire with them and compare the feature and function in addition to price.

I am confused. So the czliper upgrade for the rear two piece rotors that you manufacture will have a 1/2 inch untouched area that will rust in time?

Comment

Weight saving on brakes posted in BMW Post

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135122

BRAKES
                  Stock assembly (F/R): 37.2/30.7 lbs
                  F caliper assemb: 14.5 lbs with pads and rubber line (Badfish weighed this)
                  F rotor assemb: 22.7 lbs (Badfish weighed this)
                  R caliper assemb: 11.0 lbs with pads and rubber line (Badfish weighed this)
                  R rotor assemb: 19.7 lbs (Badfish weighed this)

Brembo 365x34 (F) 345x28 (R) Kit
                  Brembo F caliper assemb: 14.0 lb (weighed by sparkyg)
                  Brembo F rotor assemb: 24.5 lb (weighed by sparkyg)
                  Brembo R caliper assemb: 9.5 lb (weighed by sparkyg)
                  Brembo R rotor assemb: 15.0 lb (weighed by sparkyg)
                  Cost: ~$6100
                  Weight savings: 9.8 lbs
                  cost/benefit: $622/lbs

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...15#post5194815

Stoptech 380x35 (F) 355x32 (R) Kit
                  Stoptech F caliper assemb: 13.11 lbs with pads & bracket (Badfish weighed this)
                  Stoptech F rotor assemb: 21.01 lbs (Badfish weighed this)
                  Stoptech R caliper assemb: 11.15 lbs with pads & bracket (Badfish weighed this)
                  Stoptech R rotor assemb: 19.33 lbs (Badfish weighed this)
                  Cost: $5890
                  Weight savings: 4.6 lbs
                  cost/benefit: $1280/lbs

http://www.**********s.com/product.a...BK_E92_M3_RS10
                  http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150944

Performance Friction 371x32 (F) 372x30 (R) Kit (prototype, production will use slightly ligther brackets)
                  Performance Friction F caliper and rotor assemb: 28 lbs with pads & bracket (James C weighed this)
                  Performance Friction R caliper and rotor assemb: 34 lbs (James C weighed this)
                  Cost: $8000
                  Weight savings: 12 lbs
                  cost/benefit: $666/lbs

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=232463&page=3
                  http://www.nexternal.com/bimmerworl/Product1060

Comment

How RB stacks up against those brands in feature/pricing/weight saving:

Front BBK (380x32) kit:
                    Cost: $2,850

Front OE size (360x30) kit:
                    Cost: $2,608

Rear OE size (348x26) kit:
                    Cost: $2,190
                    -----------------------

Here is the summary of comparison:

Comment

For Those who have bought the rear rotors already what is th part number for the caliper. Please post a pic of the 2 pot caliper aswell

Comment

They have not been ordered or shipped yet. We just finalized the design and will be updated on web shortly.

The comparison table is also updated to include the overall comparison on different brands.

Intelligent customer is our best customer by comparing the feature, cost (initial cost and maintenance cost).

Comment

Amazon.com details unclear

They have not been ordered or shipped yet. We just finalized the design and will be updated on web shortly.

The comparison table is also updated to include the overall comparison on different brands.

Intelligent customer is our best customer by comparing the feature, cost (initial cost and maintenance cost).

I was just on amazon.com and I wanted to order http://www.amazon.com/RacingBrake-21...ngbrake+bmw+m3

However, it does not state if its for two rotors or one. I assume by the price its for two rotors. Can you please confirm. I have an E92 M3 and I would like the amazon price for the front and rear replacement 2 piece rotors.

Thanks
                          Steve

Comment

They are two piece rotors.

Comment

They are two piece rotors.
                              I meant. Is this for a pair of rotors or a single rotor?

Comment

Working...
                              X