This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SanyLods View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has ceramic brake pads/rotors on Q7 TDI? How long do they last and whats the good place to buy them? I dont have any experience with ceramic brakes but if they last longer, i would rather make that one time investment and not worry about brake pads and rotors. Thanks
    That's a good question Sany. I'd like to know the same thing. I believe that carbon is pretty strong so I think they should last a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by SanyLods View Post
      Just wondering if anyone has ceramic brake pads/rotors on Q7 TDI? How long do they last and whats the good place to buy them? I dont have any experience with ceramic brakes but if they last longer, i would rather make that one time investment and not worry about brake pads and rotors. Thanks
      What year?

Comment

Speculation on un-conventional concept/deployment is understandable. But if you browse our website regarding brake designs, you will get a better idea why RB brake's "un-conventional" designs are better (patented convergent vanes; open slots, and center-mount) and why our disc can run cooler than conventional designs (of traditional curved vanes and surface mount).

RB makes brake technology explainable and understandable, which is in turn proven on tracks - Feel free to check us out on Camaro, Corvette, GTR communities.

Same (material and design) merit on caliper rebuild components was presented to Porsche community w/o marketing data but based on the low heat transfer rate of SS pistons (vs. OE aluminum), and high temperature dust boots made of silicon (450F) vs. standard EPDM (300F). This option has effectively helped Porsche track drivers reduce the frequency of brake fluids replacement, improve the overall braking efficiency, and end the frustration of constant "cooked" dust boots (and just leave it as is).

I predicted and even guaranteed the result, after rebuilt with RB components your OE calipers will perform better and last much longer, than OE which I am sure there are hundreds of Porsche track enthusiasts can verify the validity of this claim.

I can only provide data based on the material basic and design merit which is what I learned from my old school (BSME) and discipline of my past profession that I believe in, as opposed to the marketing data which can be subjective and fabricated.

To learn the difference between the two (engineering and marketing), and how trustful a marketing data is, here is a good one from Brembo on CCM brakes.

CCM Engineering Data (SGL/Brembo)

Marketing Data/Claim

One can simply deem it's true per claim (it's published by Brembo so who will question its validity?)

Or if one really want to interpret this marketing statement, one should READ into the number.

And in case you still have doubt, this table I prepared my be helpful.

As one member said earlier, this CCM/sintered pad is offered as an option only, believe it or not it's up to you. All info are presented based on the engineering data, and backed up by the fact of test result. Not a fiction or anything like some members kept throwing on us without a reason of his doubt, which is not a good thing to other members who want to learn something un-conventional Speculation on un-conventional concept/deployment is understandable. But if you browse our website regarding brake designs, you will get a better idea why RB brake's "un-conventional" designs are better (patented convergent vanes; open slots, and center-mount) and why our disc can run cooler than conventional designs (of traditional curved vanes and surface mount).

RB makes brake technology explainable and understandable, which is in turn proven on tracks - Feel free to check us out on Camaro, Corvette, GTR communities.

Same (material and design) merit on caliper rebuild components was presented to Porsche community w/o marketing data but based on the low heat transfer rate of SS pistons (vs. OE aluminum), and high temperature dust boots made of silicon (450F) vs. standard EPDM (300F). This option has effectively helped Porsche track drivers reduce the frequency of brake fluids replacement, improve the overall braking efficiency, and end the frustration of constant "cooked" dust boots (and just leave it as is).

I predicted and even guaranteed the result, after rebuilt with RB components your OE calipers will perform better and last much longer, than OE which I am sure there are hundreds of Porsche track enthusiasts can verify the validity of this claim.

I can only provide data based on the material basic and design merit which is what I learned from my old school (BSME) and discipline of my past profession that I believe in, as opposed to the marketing data which can be subjective and fabricated.

To learn the difference between the two (engineering and marketing), and how trustful a marketing data is, here is a good one from Brembo on CCM brakes.

CCM Engineering Data (SGL/Brembo)

Marketing Data/Claim

One can simply deem it's true per claim (it's published by Brembo so who will question its validity?)

Or if one really want to interpret this marketing statement, one should READ into the number.

And in case you still have doubt, this table I prepared my be helpful.

As one member said earlier, this CCM/sintered pad is offered as an option only, believe it or not it's up to you. All info are presented based on the engineering data, and backed up by the fact of test result. Not a fiction or anything like some members kept throwing on us without a reason of his doubt, which is not a good thing to other members who want to learn something un-conventional which can save money and solve their brake issue.

Comment

As a disclaimer this RB sintered pad effect was proven on GM CCM rotors only so far; ST rotors are being tested and we expect to have a result in about two weeks. But not on pccb yet, due to different generations we are not able to to confirm whether our sintered pad can produce the same repairing effect to pccb.

We all agree testing is believing so we are ready to modify our existing sintered pad shape (ZR1/Z28) for 991 GT3 calipers (but the wear sensor connections must be disabled due to OE calipers are closed top), you just simply swap OE pad with RB sintered, calipers and rotors can remain unchanged.

In case this test resulting some further disc damage (must verified by us prior) due to pad incompatibility, we will replace them with RB-ST rotors (you paid for the usage of the original pccb), and if they work just tell other here.

Those (presumably having issues with their pccb) who like to help the community can call (714-871-6392) or PM us.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Disc+hat w_Watermark.PNG
Views:	75
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	9520

Comment

Working...
            X