Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

07-01-2021, 03:34 PM

RacingBrake

Our post on CCM rotor material and construction.
    https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1257...l#post17526806

Comment

07-01-2021, 03:58 PM

Tay101

Where are these rotors made?

Comment

07-01-2021, 04:07 PM

RacingBrake

Made in Taiwan.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by RacingBrake
        ​It's meaningless to compare the brake rotor weight w/o relating to the Volumetric Heat Capacity (CP,v , J⋅cm−3⋅K−1) which is the amount heat that must be added to "one unit of mass" of the substance in order to cause an increase of "one unit in temperature". As a substance of an iron therefore, the heavier of a rotor the more of it's heat capacity and conversely the lighter a rotor the less of its heat capacity.

Only the volume of a rotor can truly represent it's weight, not the dimensions that customary used in expressing a rotor size (eg diameter x thickness - 390x36mm), for example you can make rotors with the same external dimensions but with variable friction plate thickness (A), and annulus (B) to achieve different "volume" and result in various rotor weights and heat capacity.

To make the evaluation more specific and meaningful, the weight comparison shall base on the same material - Iron (not CCM) and construction - 2pc w/aluminum hat and iron disc (not 1pc)

And here is a filtered result on 390x36mm iron rotors out of our some 700+ two piece rotor kits.

These are OE rotor sizes for heavy and fast muscle cars with hundreds of thousands of vehicles, and spans decades of applications, so the data sample shall be sufficient to support my question on how sound for a "same size" of rotor made to 25% lighter, so that consumers (not for professional racers or alike) can better evaluate a brake set up (rotor, pad size and heat factor) than just the rotor weight.

Rotor weight reduction is at the cost of losing its heat capacity and will run hotter at the same ratio, i.e. a 21 lbs rotor runs at 500C vs. a 28 lbs rotor at 400C - It's the fundamental science.​

Comment

07-23-2021, 02:33 PM

RacingBrake

In response to Anti-Knock Back Spring:

Quote:
          Originally Posted by RacingBrake
          We have a collection of 240+ units of OE & Aftermarket fixed piston calipers including 42 units from OE Porsche (Brembo), and 6 units from OE McLaren (AP) and can never find one single caliper that's equipped with such a spring, so I can safely conclude, based on our decades of experience & knowledge in caliper business that this anti knock back spring is not required.

Anyone (including professional racers or alike) with "knock back" issue can rebuild one's OE calipers with RB components, or replace them to RB calipers and see for yourself if such a spring is ever needed.

Comment

07-23-2021, 02:44 PM

RacingBrake

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tay101
            Can you respond to Jeff's response to your post in this thread so we can continue comparing your kit?

Above were my response.
            Can you go over my responses and let me have your comment.

Also don't forget to let me know what professional racing teams you raced with Essex brake kits, and what models of your 911 had Essex's brake kits then share your successful experience by comparing them to OE set up.

Comment

08-25-2021, 12:53 PM

RacingBrake

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tay101
              Can you go over your history in the brake industry and also can you tell us what professional race teams are using your products? We are well aware of AP Racing being used in NASCAR, IndyCar, IMSA, Rolex teams, etc. as Jeff mentioned. What forms of motorsports are Racing Brake components used in?

Which professional racing team are you with?

Other than yourself, anyone in this or other forums race in any professional teams with brake issues can contact us for a solution.

There is no brake issue (amateur or professional) we can't resolve.

Comment

08-25-2021, 03:00 PM

Franko T

I wouldn't buy anything VITAL to your life out of Taiwan or China, other than maybe an Exhaust. Their quality control just doesn't exist, and don't say iPhone, that's done by Tier 1 electronic companies.

Comment

Working...
                X